Homage is looking for an exceptional, strategic and forward-looking Financial Controller. As we are headed towards our next phase of growth and scale, you will be a key part of the leadership team to drive financial performance in alignment with Homage’s overall objectives.
As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for strategic planning, implementation, managing and running of all the accounting and finance functions of the firm in Singapore, Malaysia and other markets in Southeast Asia; including but not limited to strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, treasury, tax, risk, control and governance. This role will report directly to the company’s Chief Financial Officer.
- Oversee and manage the company’s finance and accounting function and play a key role in shaping Homage’s financial planning and development
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to drive the company’s financial controls and budget, reporting, and planning and analysis, providing related ongoing advice to leadership
- Lead the finance team to ensure timely consolidated financial reports across operating businesses including monthly and quarterly reports, quarterly forecasts, financial planning and analysis as well as build a strategic structure and cadence for financial planning and review
- Oversee all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit process, accounts receivables and payables
- Develop, implement and review efficient and effective accounting and finance processes, exploring ways to leverage technology for end-to-end financial management
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting including developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Work closely with operating and business intelligence teams to craft frameworks of financial analysis, merging operating and financial data to drive positive business outcomes
- Support necessary reporting and board of director deliverables, including financial aspects of board meeting materials
Skills and Experience
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in an audit, reporting or finance controller role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or CA/CPA qualified, strong bonus if you have prior experience at “Big Four” accounting firms, an MBA or previous finance and fundraising experience at a fast growing startup
- Excels in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly changing technology-driven environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity - we're a fast growing business and there's always grey areas, which is part of the fun. You should be comfortable with it and understand not everything is 100% defined all the time
- You communicate extremely concisely, both written and verbal
- You’re extremely results-driven and execution-focused, motivated and entrepreneurial with a ‘hands-on’ attitude; operating on the ground with a young team, ability to own outcomes and make things happen with a strong sense of urgency
- People-centric, driven by a desire to make a significant positive impact with high levels of integrity and consistency as well as dependability
- Strong team building and leadership qualities; manage and scale the Homage Group’s finance team, recruit and retain top talent, build consensus and mobilise members to achieve goals, while ensuring the professional growth of team members
- An ‘Innovative rain-maker’, you are highly results-oriented and have the unique ability to identify, triage, size and translate strategic opportunities that leads to outsized outcomes for the team
Homage is a care platform that combines qualified and trained caregivers, nurses, doctors and health care organisations and funders with technology, enabling care, wellness and recovery wherever you are. The work that we do and technology we build transforms lives every hour, every day. We’re looking for people who are talented, driven and motivated by our social mission.