Director of Strategic Operations
At the heart of Homage is making sure our seniors can have the option of remaining in the comfort of their own homes as they age. It’s something we want for ourselves, parents, and friends and we want to build the best type of service out there that can take care of that.
As the Director of Strategic Operations, you will lead and oversee the effort to ensure care delivery, quality as well as recovery. You will work closely with Supply Operations, Care Specialists and Professionals as well as our Product, Growth and Marketing Managers to improve the lives and wellness of the families and seniors we work with and ensure a level of care quality and safety we can trust our own family members with.
We are a fast-growing startup and we want to continue to ensure that the care services we provide to our seniors and their families are of highest standards, quality and safety, giving families peace of mind. We're looking for strong team players, people who can work with a very diverse team. We’re proudly backed by a group of top local investors, including Golden Gate Ventures, HealthXCapital, 500 Startups and SeedPlus.
Homage is a complete home care solution that combines the curation and training of care professionals with smart technology to provide on-demand home caregiving to seniors, allowing them to age at home with comfort, dignity, control and grace. Using a web and mobile technology platform, Homage efficiently matches care recipients with qualified care professionals and schedules caregiving on an on-demand basis to provide recipients with home nursing care and assistance with daily activities. Homage works with both private clients and public organizations alike to provide high quality caregiving to seniors.
Operations at Homage is changing fast to meet company growth. The Director of Strategic Operations will head all aspects of Homage’s Care Delivery and Quality to serve a key role in two major components of the Homage experience – first, fulfilling care delivery to care recipients and families who need caregiving and secondly, ensuring quality, trust and safety in the care we deliver.
- Responsible for overall care delivery and quality across all our service verticals and customer segments
- Manage, lead and grow the Strategic Operations team to scale our services in Singapore and regionally. Develop managers for career progression and report directly to the co-founders helping to build the operational budget
- Create and nurture operational training and communication programs to establish great work culture for Homage Operators and Care Professionals
- Work with cross-functional teams to help make internal operational workflows visible, develop key care delivery and recovery insights and success metrics, push projects forward, driving recommendations through to implementation
- Oversee care manager and recipients’ onboarding, delivery and recovery of care and help inform support channel integration workflows
- Lead, communicate and optimize the strategic direction and all fundamental components of care delivery, quality and recovery end-to-end
- Collaborate and build consensus with Homage product teams to ensure the best user experience
- Define optimized cross-functional workflows and processes to monitor care quality and address quality issues and incidents
- Develop comprehensive strategies that solve complex business challenges and address the needs of stakeholders across various functions to drive iterative growth.
- BS/BA degree in business, quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years strategic operations management, consulting or equivalent project management experience
- 4+ years direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, preferably for a service and/or technology solutions company
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and lean techniques
- Experience with full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring and performance management
- MBA or graduate degree in a management, quantitative, technical or engineering field
- Previous experience with high-growth technology startups or direct-to-consumer service businesses highly preferred
- You are a leader and exhibit that in your every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and you excel in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly changing healthcare or technology environment
- Strong leadership qualities; manage and scale team, recruit and retain top talent, build consensus and rally members to achieve goals
- You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- People-centric, driven by a desire to make a significant positive impact
- An ‘Innovative rain-maker’, you have the ability to proactively identify improvement areas as well as create and drive innovative solutions
- Experience in managing a large field-operations staff at scale as well as operate independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in establishing operational budgets as well as driving quality improvement and assurance projects and initiatives