Chief of Staff
Homage is seeking a proactive and motivated Chief of Staff. We are building a world-class team driven by Homage’s mission to make a dent in long term healthcare and wellness and are looking for a talented leader who can not only engage with our internal team but also with external stakeholders/candidates to share our mission, culture, values and impact.
This is a unique opportunity to experience first-hand how a high-growth startup works internally, and be exposed to the moving parts of the organisation across all functions, while enabling all Homagers to work at their best so that we can provide quality services and solutions to the people we serve. The ideal candidate is someone who is strategic yet process-driven, can collaborate with multiple internal teams and stakeholders as well as handle information with discretion, tact and professionalism.
The Chief of Staff will work closely with the CEO on growth strategies and scale the team and culture to support our next phase of growth, as well as set up best practices and the organisation structure and operating system across the region.
- Design and implement organizational development strategies that reinforce our values and culture and enable greater effectiveness and scalability.
- Participate actively in strategic and operational planning. Partner with the CEO and senior leaders to develop optimal organizational structures that support growth and scale.
- Help build more effective cross-departmental collaboration and internal communications across the organization.
- Design and implement on-going improvements to talent management strategies and programs including recruitment, training and development, engagement, retention, and succession.
- Assess and determine future design of performance management programs, ensuring that job descriptions, performance standards, and performance evaluation instruments promote operational excellence and accountability.
- Lead talent acquisition at Homage, defining and executing on internal and external recruiting strategies. Oversee full life cycle of recruitment processes.
- Lead the on-going design and execution of employee onboarding, training and development programs to improve homager staff skills, leadership competencies, communication, and effectiveness.
- Oversee effective use of tools and systems to collect, maintain, and analyze personnel data. Translate relevant employee data into insights which drive action plans at appropriate levels.
- Collaborate with outsourced partners to ensure timely completion of payroll processing and statutory compliance matters.
- Assess HR policies, procedures, and programs on an ongoing basis. Recommend, communicate, and oversee implementation of new legislation, internal process, and creative ideas.
- Oversee the organization’s compliance with all legislation pertaining to personnel matters. Maintain knowledge of industry trends, employment legislation, and cost efficient solutions.
- Partner with the Head of Finance on all corporate governance matters, including but not limited to the administration of Employee Stock Option Plan as well as insurance policies.
- Collaborate with the CEO to design and implement the organization's compensation, performance review and benefits strategy, using external and internal benchmarking and ROI analysis.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experiences in people or human resources management or similar role, including a minimum of 3-5 years in a managerial position
- Strong experience building culture at rapidly growing organizations, preferably in mission-driven organizations.
- A history of building effective initiatives for employee learning and development.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, listening and communication skills, and team leadership capabilities. Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- Ability to identify issues impeding team and individual growth and a sense for how to fix those problems.
- Demonstrated track record managing and scaling the human resource function and organizational development programs in a fast-growing, innovative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Previous experience overseeing, implementing and managing an HRIS system, capturing metrics and producing various employment reports and analysis.
- Fast learner with excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills to meet strict deadlines
- Positive working attitude and a strong team player
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with people
- Proficient and comfortable with adopting technology and software tools (Microsoft Office, web/mobile applications etc.)
- Passion for social enterprises and causes. You’re driven by Homage’s core mission and motivated by the impact of our services and platform
- Not required but bonus points if you have an MBA
In other words,
- You are highly-motivated and want to create huge impact in a fast-growing start-up
- You are an enthusiastic team player with a proactive attitude
- You are a stickler for excellence and possess a keen eye for detail
- You are highly resourceful when facing challenges of all types
Homage is a care platform that combines qualified and trained caregivers, nurses, doctors and health care organisations and funders with technology, enabling care, wellness and recovery wherever you are. The work that we do and technology we build transforms lives every hour, every day. We’re looking for people who are talented, driven and motivated by our social mission.