Chief Financial Officer
Homage is looking for an exceptional, strategic and forward-looking CFO. As we are headed towards our next phase of growth and scale, you will be responsible for financial leadership and function as a key part of the leadership team to drive financial performance in alignment with Homage’s overall objectives.
As a strategic advisor to the CEO, you will provide financial counsel in support of business decisions and performance for our growth and operations in Singapore, Malaysia and other markets in Southeast Asia. As a key leader of the team, you will be responsible for overseeing and spearheading our finance function. This is a highly visible and critical role where you will be instrumental in charting the future direction and growth of our impact and businesses across Southeast Asia.
- Oversee the company’s finance function and play a key role in shaping Homage’s near- and long-term strategic planning and development
- Drive the company’s financial planning and provide related ongoing advice to the CEO and senior leadership
- Function as a financial and business partner to the CEO to help formulate financial targets and budgets in accordance with Homage’s group and country-level strategies
- Lead the team to ensure timely consolidated financial reports across operating businesses including monthly and quarterly reports, quarterly forecasts, financial planning and analyses as well as build a strategic structure and cadence for financial planning and review
- Oversee all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit process, accounts receivable and payables
- Develop, implement and review efficient and effective accounting and finance processes
- Support necessary reporting and board of director deliverables, including financial aspects of board meeting materials
- Support fundraising efforts, investor relations and lead the due diligence planning, preparation and coordination process
- Build, lead and scale Homage finance team; recruit and retain top talent, build organisational and team structures as well as processes to achieve a highly functioning and performing team
Skills and Experience
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in commercial finance and/or investment banking including a minimum of 3-5 years in a leadership position
- Excels in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly changing technology-driven environment
- Prior experience in commercial finance, investment management, fundraising and corporate development is required; experience in and exposure to M&A and/or JV experience is highly preferred
- Comfortable with ambiguity - we're a fast growing business and there's always grey areas, which is part of the fun. You should be comfortable with it and understand not everything is 100% defined all the time
- Analytical reasoning and thrives in a strategic advisory role - you are data driven to your core. If you don't love throwing yourself into spreadsheets understanding what the numbers are, what affects them and how you can achieve them, this role is not for you.
- You communicate extremely concisely, both written and verbal, and are highly tuned into the capital markets— you have a strong ability to pitch, hone in on, refine and substantiate strategic recommendations through analytical insights, quantitative analysis and financial/decision modelling
- Regional exposure in South East Asia in a leadership capacity, prior investment vertical, commercial or business development ownership is a strong plus
- You’re extremely results-driven and execution-focused, motivated and entrepreneurial; ability to own outcomes and make things happen with a strong sense of urgency
- People-centric, driven by a desire to make a significant positive impact with high levels of integrity and consistency as well as dependability
- Strong team building and leadership qualities; manage and scale the Homage Group’s finance team, recruit and retain top talent, build consensus and mobilise members to achieve goals
- An ‘Innovative rain-maker’, you are highly results-oriented and have the unique ability to identify, triage, size and translate strategic opportunities that leads to outsized outcomes for the team
- Strong budget management and financial analysis skills, ability to manage investments wisely to have the highest leverage or return effect on each dollar investment skills; make sure we have the biggest leverage effect on every dollar we spend on CAC
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or CA/CPA qualified, strong bonus if you have an MBA or previous finance and fundraising experience at a fast growing startup
Homage is a care platform that combines qualified and trained caregivers, nurses, doctors and health care organisations and funders with technology, enabling care, wellness and recovery wherever you are. The work that we do and technology we build transforms lives every hour, every day. We’re looking for people who are talented, driven and motivated by our social mission.